Web designing trends varies from time to time. With the advancement of technology the trends are changing. Moreover the emergence of smartphones and tablets the need for a responsive web design is high. Creating a website compatible with multiple screens is the success of the website. The web and graphic features trends are listed below:
· The quest to create trending designs pushes designer to brainstorm for engaging layout. Earlier the grids were used to create logic to the design but today this has become a constraint and this has led to the rise of broken grid layouts. This does not mean the logic is compromised but instead the text and image elements do not stop with subtle layouts as in the grid design. The boxes of text converge and overlap to create beautiful placement of letterforms and bitmap.
· Go for illustration. It is challenging to select an image that fits the purpose of the website. In most cases the design team ends up with product UI gifs and shot or lifestyle photography. Though the two can give a product experience as well as human dimension. The latest is the illustration style. It gives an opportunity to bring in abstract style. Using illustration you can overcome photography representational challenges.
· Brutalism is on the rise. It has become part of the mainstream status. It is a space where the designers are given the freedom to do what they want and not what they should be doing. This adheres to optimization advice and best practices. It comes with a list of favourite looks.
· The use of web design is highly dominated by UI cards in the past, there were primarily sharp edged and at 90 degree angle. This has become a concern for web designers. Today the trend has changed and designers are using rounded corner cards in their inboxes, profiles and more. Infact it has become common in every app be it Facebook, Twitter or others. It is not just the beginning of organic shapes but the lavish use of blobs of colours, dashes, diagonals and other rendering effects. The curves are not the only ones in fashion, instead some designers prefer to adopt the 90 degree angles to give new lease of life to their designs. It doesn’t stop with right angles but goes further to double lines mixing them with organic shapes
· Another new trend is the flashing colours used in the UIs. The colour combinations have an incredible effect on the eye. It leaves ghostly after images that remain for long in your memory. The aim here is to make the design user-friendly particular for the disabled. Remember that people with colour sense also have a tough shaking up different colours.
· The webpage is not static. It has more to it than just the use of words, it has motion and character. A webpage is not just restricted to information presentation but allows interaction with the users and how it creates an impact on that information. The details presented on the webpage is not just for approval but awareness, it calls out loud for attention.
· Another trend is the use of animation. It creates an overwhelming experience particularly for those with cognitive disabilities or for people with motion sensitivity. Even a mild animation can attract the attention of the visitors when it is presented at the right time. It ensures that the vital points are not missed. At no point of time should the designer go overboard. There are numerous tools available to create simple to complex animations.
· Page transitions have taken a new dimension today. Earlier moving from one page to another remains the same for all websites. It is more a sweep from one page to another. Everything goes blank and then a new page appears. There is nothing interesting about this, but today the transition has become beautiful. While you navigate to a new page it is necessary to access another view within a view.
· In the era of limited font support and non-retina screens it made sense to use Sans Serif font. Today with the transformation in screen technology font rendering has taken a new look. Elaborate typefaces are being used some like soft curvy serif.
Explore More : Emerging Trends In The Field Of Web Designing
It is must for any web designer to know the pulse and trend of current times. I liked all the trends mentioned in this article, which is written in a detailed and straightforward manner. Hope you come up with such good articles in the future.
Web designing is one of the areas, which has been changing continuously. I think web designers have a tough job of updating their knowledge and staying abreast with the latest trends. This article speaks about the trends, which I haven’t found on any other website.
I agree that the use of Animation has been on the rise. However, I am getting annoyed to see the extensive use of animations. Too much of good is nothing. Not everyone will like too much of exaggerating animation. It should be used adequately to satisfy all type of audiences.
Use of color combination is one trend that never changes with the time. I have seen some web designers smartly playing with the colors to attract the audiences. Use of unique color combination can leave a lasting impression on the visitors.
Informative article! In my opinion, web designers should explore all the possibilities in creating and adopting the new trends. The business is getting tougher with days, and web designers have no other way than updating their knowledge on the latest trends.
Thanks for sharing an informative post on the latest trends of web design. It is true that business websites should be updated based on the current market requirements so that website owners can compete with others. I must make sure to include the above digital trends on my business website
My web designer suggested the use of illustrations and animations on my website. It is true that these elements helped to transform my website and made it attractive. Really a useful post. You can know about the emerging digital trends for promoting your website.
Thanks for letting me know about the importance of including the latest graphical trends in business websites. I personally feel not to include too many graphical elements in the web pages so that it would not annoy the visitors of your website.
I should learn about the use of tools for creating animations so that I can include simple animations on my website. Hope these animations help to attract visitors and make them engaged. Looking forward to your posts on the use of animation tools in the near future
I am a web designer who has just started with this profession. Thanks for enlightening me about the various issues to be faced in this profession. Your tips and tactics on tackling the various issues would be of great use to me. Thanks for sharing your personal experience.